How To Activate Globe Prepaid BIS
- You are using an active Globe prepaid SIM and there should be a network signal.
- Sufficient credits are required for the BIS registration.
- On your phone, go to OPTION then “MOBILE NETWORK”. Make sure that Data Services is “ON”
Now there are different Globe Subscriptions available, you may choose any of the following and an SMS to 8888:
- For P50 credits, send “BB ON 50″
- For P220 credits, send “BB ON 220″
- For P120 credits, send “BB ON 1200″
- Wait for the “Terms and Conditions….” SMS, and then reply by typing in “BB YES”
Once you receive “Thank you for accepting…..”, this means that your BIS activation is being processed. You will know that your BIS has been activated when your the networks “gprs” or “edge” or “3g” becomes capitalized: GPRS or EDGE or 3G.
If your BIS registration/subscription has not been activated in 15 minutes, you may do the following:
- Reboot your device by doing a battery pull; physically removing your battery from your Blackberry phone.
- If that doesn’t work, wait for another 15 minutes and repeat the battery pull.
Normally, your BIS registration should be activated within the same hour, but if it doesn’t, just repeat the battery pull every 15 minutes. The battery pull resets your connection from the Globe network, in turn, it helps activate your BIS registration faster.
- To verify if your subscription is active, send a text message to 8888, by typing in “BB STATUS”, P1 per text message sent. You should receive a reply indicating that your BB service is active. If otherwise, do a battery pull after 10 seconds.
Once your BIS is activated, you may use the built-in browser on your Blackberry and go to “mobile.blackberry.com” – it provides links for you to download apps like Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, as well as other Blackberry apps. Make sure that your browser is configured to use the “Internet Browser”.
If you want to setup your email on your Blackberry, head over to globe.blackberry.com and register your phone and your email address. Your IMEI and your PIN is needed to do this. To find these info, on your phone, go to OPTIONS, then STATUS. Your unique PIN and IMEI are there. Your PIN is also used for your Blackberry Messenger (BBM), the unique PIN allows other users to add you as their BBM contact. After setting up your email address, click HELP and choose “Send Service Books”. You will then start receiving new emails on your Blackberry.
If you want to install more Blackberry Apps on your phone, you have to download the Blackberry App World.
For more questions about BIS, you may head on over to Globe’s website.